ASUS Smart Gesture And Windows 10
Asus Smart Gesture: ASUS Smart Gesture is a free driver update available for ASUS laptops that experienced gesture control issues after updating their operating systems to Windows 10. Though Windows 10 provides users with a brand new computing experience complete with improved features, the update also brought small bugs to existing laptops computers, namely the absence of gesture controls for trackpads. The ASUS Smart Gesture aims to repair the problem and return trackpads back to its former glory.
This package contains the files needed for installing the Touchpad driver. If it has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix problems, add new functions, or expand existing ones. Even though other OSes might be compatible as well, we do not recommend applying for this release on platforms other than the ones specified.
Asus Smart Gesture Download
ASUS Smart Gesture is a free driver update available for ASUS laptops that experienced gesture control issues after updating their operating systems to Windows 10. Though Windows 10 provides users with a brand new computing experience complete with improved features, the update also brought small bugs to existing laptops computers, namely the absence of gesture controls for trackpads. The ASUS Smart Gesture aims to repair the problem and return trackpads back to its former glory.
The ASUS Smart Gesture driver update is available to all ASUS users who have experienced problems with their trackpads and others looking to stay up-to-date with patches for bug experienced in the last update. The updated driver is easy to download and install and can be found in the Windows device manager once the download is complete. In some instances, the old driver must first be removed in order to install the new update. Once this is completed, however, the driver will function normally.
Once the driver is updated and installed, users will have access to its control menu in the bottom right-hand corner of their menu bar. From here, gestures can be set in order to maximize trackpad performance and increase its functionality. Not only will it be smooth and responsive when tapped, it also offers gestures like 2-finger scroll, tap to right-click and more. For those looking to keep their ASUS laptop up-to-date, the ASUS Smart Gesture driver is an important download.
Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10
Windows 10 introduced many improvements for users, and this included more sophisticated gesture support. A gesture is a movement on the touchpad or with a mouse or other input device that initiates an action. You could, for instance, have a particular application load when you make a Z movement or have your music player move to the next song when you move diagonally to the write. Asus had already provided such support for its laptops, but when Windows 10 was released, it broke that support. This was not an issue for Asus Windows 10 laptops, but if you had an Asus Windows 8.1 laptop that could update to Windows 10, once you updated, gestures would break. Not only would gestures break, but control via the touchpad would be unsmooth. Asus quickly released a driver update, and you have the option of downloading that driver independently and installing it. This program, which is freeware, contains that driver.
This is just to make the update easier on the average person. Asus Smart Gesture also provides easy access to a number of gesture-related settings so that a person can calibrate his or her user experience in one go. The four tabs are General Gesture, Edge Gesture, Touchpad Button and Mouse Detection. General Gesture provides access to general gesture settings. Edge Gesture lets you enable or disable the edge gestures—which are activated by swiping to a particular edge. The three edge gestures that can be enabled/disabled are Toggle Charm bar, Toggle Menu Bar and Switch running applications.
Touchpad Button lets you calibrate the touchpad button and set behavior, and mouse detection has settings to ensure that your mouse is being detected by Windows appropriately. At the bottom of the dialog are four additional options. Set all default lets you enforce the default configuration. OK applies your settings and the driver and then closes the app. Cancel undoes any changes you have made. Apply applies your settings and the driver without closing the app.
Once you have clicked OK or Apply, you will have a smooth and responsive touchpad that supports two-finger scroll, tap to right-click and much more. There are no negatives to which to write. The program does quite well what Asus set out to do and makes life easier on Asus customers. Be mindful that this is an Asus-specific and in particular a product-specific application. If you do not own an Asus laptop to which this utility applies, then it will not do anything for you in terms of making touchpad gestures more responsive. Pros Easy to use Restores touchpad features.
Asus Smart Gesture Not Working
One of the problems that I had after upgrading to the new Windows 10 was that my touchpad stopped working. If you are facing the same issue, here is what I did to solve this.
First, you need to download and install the latest version of ASUS Smart Gesture:
If you already have this version, then you may need to Repair the installation. Go to Settings -> Control panel -> Uninstall/Change program -> ASUS Smart Gesture -> Repair.
If everything is fine, you should see ASUS Touchpad in Device Manager.
- ASUS support suggests to download and reinstall the ATK driver first and then reinstall the Touchpad driver. Download ATK driver from here: ATK Package 1.0.0050 (32-bit) | ATK Package 1.0.0061 (64-bit)
- If you have an ASUS T300LA and the multi-touch is not working, uninstall ASUS Smart Gesture and install V2.2.8 from here: 64-bit. Then, restart. Also, if you are having issues with an ASUS ZenBook UX32VD use V2.2.8.
- If you get the message “Another version of this product is already installed…“, you need to uninstall the old version and then install the new one.
- If the installer throws the error “Source file not found: Temp1_SmartGesture_Win10_64_VER406.zip\SETUP.CAB. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.“, extract the zip file and then run the setup.
- If the installer throws the error “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package…” and then makes a rollback, I wrote the solution on this post.
Asus Smart Gesture Windows 10 Download
Before getting into extensive troubleshooting, it is better to check if the basics are okay. It is highly possible that your smart gestures are not working because your touchpad is disabled.
On ASUS laptops, it’s generally the F9 or Fn + F9 key that controls the touchpad functionality.
Check and make sure that the touchpad is enabled and is working properly before taking any serious measures.
Also, according to users, the new Windows 10 update automatically disables this feature. To enable this feature again, follow the steps below.
- From Start menu, open Settings on your Windows computer
- Once in Settings, look for Devices and click on it
- On the left navigation panel, locate the Mouse option and then click on Additional mouse options
- Now go to ELAN input device and enable the function from there
Once done, restart your computer and check to see if the problem is solved. If not, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Repairing ASUS Smart Gesture
You can always try to repair the software.
Whenever you are repairing any software, Windows checks all the installation files associated with that software for any damaged or corrupt files and also repairs the registry of that software.
Furthermore, the group policies of the software are also checked by Windows, and if any errors are found, they are corrected.
Follow the steps below to efficiently repair your smart gesture software.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run application
- In the dialogue box, type CPL and then press Enter
- You will see a list of all the programs installed on your computer; navigate through the list and locate ASUS Smart Gesture
- Now right-click on it and select Repair
- Wait for the process to complete
- Once done, restart your computer
After restarting your computer, check whether the software is working as expected. If you are still experiencing problems, try the next solution.
What Is Asus Smart Gesture
To install this package please do the following:
– Save the downloadable package on an accessible location (such as your desktop).
– Unzip the file and enter the newly-created directory.
– Locate and double-click on the available setup file.
– Allow Windows to run the file (if necessary).
– Read EULA (End User License Agreement) and agree to proceed with the installation process.
– Follow the on-screen instructions.
– Close the wizard and perform a system reboot to allow changes to take effect.
About TouchPad Drivers:
Windows operating systems automatically apply a generic driver that allows users to benefit from basic touch functions; however, advanced features will not be available until the proper files are installed. When enabled by required software, the touchpad component is recognized by computers and all developed features are made accessible.
Even though touchpoint technology is mostly associated with notebooks or laptops, other systems can also benefit from it with the help of an external wireless or wired TouchPad device.
If you wish to update to this version, know that it can enhance overall performance and stability, add different fixes for various touch problems, improve existing gestures, or even include support for new ones.
As for the installation procedure, first, make sure that all system characteristics are supported and only then save and install the downloadable package. Even if other OSes might be compatible as well, we do not recommend applying any software on platforms other than the specified ones.
With this in mind, follow all the aforementioned steps and apply them for the present release. Should you choose not to update right now, check back with our website again to stay up to speed with the latest releases.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
What does ASUS Smart Gesture do?
How do I get rid of ASUS Smart Gesture?
Or, you can uninstall ASUS Smart Gesture from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window’s Control Panel. When you find the program ASUS Smart Gesture, click it, and then do one of the following: Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
How do I install the ASUS Smart Gesture?
- Go to the Asus website and download the same version of the Smart Gesture driver that you have installed. After you download the driver, run it and extract the setup files.
- Now open Programs and Features.
- A list of installed software will appear.
- Locate the driver setup file and select it.